Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blessed Christmas

This was truly a blessed Christmas this year. I knew it would be bittersweet but I am just glad there actually was lots of sweet with the bitter. Christmas started for me on Christmas eve eve ha. Went over to do family tradition with Mama and Daddy. Mama of course cooked an amazing meal that I ate way too much of had some yummy hot apple cider then I got some awesome gifts. Really happy with the point my life is. I get grown up type gifts like a kitchen island but yet I am still a kid got a paper jamz portable mic and amp! It's so awesome get to rock out whenever I want haha.





But then we got to our reading tradition of the Night before Christmas and the Christmas story out of the bible. I hold those special times so near to my heart.


Then I came home had a late night Christmas bath.



Then I woke up the next morning and was off to Brooke's family Christmas. Jane cooked some so yummy delicious food. Ate till I was bout to pop then we opened gifts. We all got some pretty awesome things. It was so nice to see the smiles so special to be with them all of our hearts were hurting cause two of the most important people to us was not with us. But sure talked about special past Christmas memories with them and gave each other special gifts that Larry or Memaw were on. I feel beyond blessed to be apart of that Brooke's family Christmas.









Bree and Brooke got me the last two gifts and the most special out of everything. It still brings a tear to my eye thinking of right when I opened these. Thank y'all so much. You have no idea how much those mean to me!

Then after that we went to dinner at Brooke's Uncle Terry and Aunt Allison's place and Allison the amazing cook that she is cook a outrageous meal! Sooo good and I always drink soooo much of that yummy punch!

Next morning woke up reeeeeally early and went to my Aunt Nancy's for the biggest Christmas breakfast and like I had been doing all weekend so far ate sooo much but it was sooo good. Then I went back to Oxford and went to Brooke's Granny's Christmas. It was really special being with them and I think it went a lot better then we thought for Granny is so strong and Pete even though he had his moment was strong too. We all could feel the missing spot of Larry but we knew he would not want us being too sad on Christmas so we carried on just for him. After that is was on the Brooke's Aunt to eat even more amazing food and just like before ate till I almost popped. Then we had done the draw name gifts so we got to enjoy family and open gifts. After that Brooke and I came home and I pretty much passed out from being so tired and sooo full haha.

After getting to play with all my goodies Brooke and I still had one more Christmas to do with my parents and Brooke and if I could even have any more room Mama cooked a traditional Christmas feast. Snack table of chex mix, sausage balls, homemade cheese ball, cookies. The meal was Turkey, Dressing, home made mac-n-cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, red stuff (Mama's amazing fruit jello stuff).
Then we opened Santa gifts. I got a french press coffee maker I have been wanting and it is amazing. Brooke was excited by all she got and Dad and Mama really loved their stuff and even my babies (the cats) loved their christmas goodies!

















If you look in the middle of the tree that big star ornament is the last thing my Memaw got me. Early this year when she went to her favorite thing the county fair she got everyone Christmas gifts. It is so so so special to me now cause I got to get a Christmas gift from Memaw it's like she could send gifts from heaven. Means so much to me!!!

So all in all this was a bittersweet blessed Christmas. I am so thankful for all I got and all the special people I got to spend Christmas with.

No comments:

Post a Comment