Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas time favs

This Christmas season has already been on the blue side as I have said in the other post. But the past couple of days my usual spirit of Christmas has hit me and made me want to post a blog of some of my favorite Christmas time things.

So my must listen to cd's during Christmas.

1. Platinum Christmas
2.Barbra Streisand A Christmas Album (Mama has been playing this my whole life)
3.Kenny G Faith Album is my fav but really any Kenny G Christmas
4.Nsync Home for Christmas
(Two new favs added)
5. Taylor Swift Holiday Collection
6.A very She and Him Christmas


My must watch movies

1.A Muppet family Christmas
2.The life and adventures of Santa Claus
3.Mickey's Christmas Carol
4.Santa Claus The movie (1985 version)



Christmas favs

Knowing it's Christmas time when I see Santa at the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade



Hot Apple Cider ummmm


Egg Nog


Baking Christmas cookies


Decorating for Christmas




Seeing Christmas lights everywhere. On the town streets and houses.





Watching the tree being lit at Rockafeller center.



Seeing everyone's Christmas trees



EKA Christmas. My very best friends since forever Erin and Kelly we get together cook dinner and open presents and talk talk talk. We have been doing EKA Christmas for almost 10 years now. So so special to me. This year is going to really show us we are all grown up now cause we are having it at Erin's house. She is all married now and we are all grown. So crazy to think.



Probably my all time favorite thing to do is on Christmas Eve with my Mama and Daddy. We have been doing this since I was a baby. We read my pop up book of The night before Christmas that has Wilford Brimbley reading it on cassette tape (We can hardly open it cause it's like 25 years old and it survived our house fire so some of the pages are a little chard) Then Daddy reading from the family bible The Christmas Story. When I was a teenager I was like ok this is lame but now that I am older I am so happy we have kept up with this tradition!



I am so glad that I had a Mama that really loved Christmas and did everything she could to make it special for me. I still hold on to all the things I watched, listened, read, ate so many things I did at Christmas as a child to dear and will always be happy when Christmas time comes to do them all over again.

Can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. I wish everyone a very blessed Christmas!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment